Enghouse Interactive announced today the release of Communications Portal v9.0 (formerly Syntellect Communications Portal / Envox Communications Development Platform). A continuing evolution of the customer self-service experience, the latest release of this industry-leading IVR platform offers new features and improved performance and density, empowering organizations to create dynamic and flexible automated voice solutions that improve customer engagement and reduce the overall cost of delivering an exceptional customer experience.
Development enhancements to Enghouse Interactive Communications Portal v9.0 include:
- Multi-Engine Architecture: The ability to partition channels into multiple processes instead of a single engine, increasing the scalability, reliability and resiliency with a 2X increase in performance and density.
- Call Reconnect: Enables an automatic engine restart based on a pre-defined schedule or specific conditions with all telephone connections maintained and no lost calls.
- VoiceXML Studio: A graphical development environment that is used as an alternative to writing code is now a component of Communications Portal.
- Enhanced Console Security: Strength control meter displays the quality of the password entered and enforces new password strength requirements.
- Development Environment Enhancements and Updates: Enhanced support for CCXML 1.0, redundant ASR servers, resource pooling and dynamic ASR allocations, et al.
“Enghouse Interactive is committed to helping our users improve customer engagement while reducing the cost of those interactions. Communications Portal v9.0 provides a robust, standards-based voice and messaging application platform that enables more rapid development and deployment of dynamic self-service applications that help us deliver on that commitment,” said J.R. Sloan, product director, Enghouse Interactive. “To align our vast portfolio of offerings towards a common Enghouse Interactive brand, Communications Portal will be rebranded in the v9.0 release from its current nomenclature of Syntellect Communication Portal.”
Enghouse Interactive Communications Portal is an open, standards-based platform with integrated application development and management components that significantly reduce the time, cost and complexity of deploying voice and IP communications solutions. Beyond traditional IVR, Communications Portal combines the industry’s most complete support for IP communication, including voice, video, SMS, and email messaging with comprehensive support for traditional voice communication.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Communications Portal or to schedule a demo.